Hartford HealthCare Medical Group Specialists
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut's most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford HealthCare Medical Group is one of the largest medical practices in New England with multiple locations throughout Connecticut and Rhode Island. We consist of a team of professionals ranging from Medical Assistants to Physician Assistants and everything in between. Our physician led medical group enjoys an excellent reputation with patients and the medical community, offering primary care, urgent care and more than 30 different specialties.
The role is responsible for the organization and coordination of office operations, procedures and resources to facilitate organizational effectiveness and efficiency. Provides day-to-day operational, technical and problem-solving leadership on administrative matters including, but not limited to: patient flow, office operations, customer service, health insurance, billing/coding requirements, and EMR functionality and utilization. Supervises the administrative and clinical staff and practice operations including scheduling, work flow, service delivery and employee performance.
· Models the efficient operation of the unit by scheduling and assigning work, resolving processing problems, collecting data to monitor progress, and carrying an assigned workload or filling in as necessary
· Develops and maintains office & departmental budgets and KPIs (Key Performance Indicators)
· Effectively uses resources to achieve the goals and objectives of the work group within established budgets by recommending budget expenditures, monitoring progress, and shifting resources to meet changing needs
· Implements and monitors departmental goals and objectives for the work group
· Analyzes needs and develops recommendations in order to align with the strategic direction of the organization
· Insures that all staff members communicate and interact with patients in a courteous, respectful, and businesslike manner
· Holds staff accountable for customer service standards; intercedes and takes appropriate action when incidents occur
· Implements individual performance expectations and completes all aspects of employee performance appraisals and reviews
· Interviews candidates and makes hiring decisions. Orients new hires and provides on-going training and education to staff, utilizing in-house documented office and clinical policies and procedures
· Handles employee performance and disciplinary issues, participates in counseling sessions/disciplinary actions, and involves Practice Director as necessary
· Coaches employees to be successful in contributing to the achievement of individual and work group objectives
· Maintain and adjust staff schedules to compliment practice provider schedules. Processes time worked/attendance into Kronos for office staff. Manages and coordinates vacation and personal time off to insure minimum disruption of practice operations
· Maintains effective, positive customer service relationships by responding to customer needs, resolving conflicts, and educating employees on customer service.
· Effectively and continually communicates with the staff, management, and customers to facilitate the flow of information necessary to the success of the employees and the work group
· Promotes teamwork within the practice through timely and collaborative communication with medical staff
· Bachelor's Degree and/or appropriate certification preferred.
· 3 years’ experience in a medical/surgical practice required.
· Previous management/supervisory or leadership experience preferred.
· Epic experience preferred.
· Strong communications skills and experience in a leading role required
· Ability to improve quality and productivity by identifying improvement opportunities
· Knowledge and behaviors required to meet age specific patient needs (e.g. Pediatrics, Adolescents, and Geriatrics) preferred
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge - helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.