Hartford HealthCare Rehabilitation Network
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Per Diem
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford HealthCare Rehabilitation Network is the premier rehabilitation provider in Connecticut. We provide rehabilitation services across the continuum - acute care hospitals, long term care facilities, sub-acute rehabilitation, homecare, outpatient centers, and in community settings such as senior centers, work sites, and schools and colleges. We offer over 40 outpatient locations offering physical, occupational, and speech therapy, in specialties including orthopedics, neuroscience, oncology, women’s health, sports medicine, vestibular, and more. We are known for our commitment to high quality, customer focused outcomes.
Our current opening is for a PER DIEM Patient Service Representative for coverage of clinics in Enfield, Windsor, Bloomfield and Granby.
Shifts will vary between 7am-7pm.
The Patient Service Representative is responsible for providing professional customer service to ensure operational efficiency and promote a positive patient experience.
The Patient Service Representative is responsible for Patient Scheduling, Pre-Registration, Registration, Insurance Verification, Insurance Authorization, and ensures patients have been cleared for Rehab Outpatient office visits.
The Patient Service Representative performs a variety of secretarial, billing and clerical duties to include: utilizing the electronic medical record (EMR) to schedule follow up and specialty appointments and process patient charges, coordinating referrals, preparing the proper paperwork and collecting pertinent patient information, answering phones, performing other related duties as assigned. Provides administrative support to the office staff. Requires understanding of Rehab procedures, and patient history requirements for Rehab procedures.
· Greets and registers arriving patients, completes registration forms and verifies insurance
· Answers incoming calls, evaluates priority, and directs calls according to the urgency and subject matter
· Provides information to new patients prior to visit in accordance with department policies, and enters / updates patient demographics
· Collects co-payments and office charges as needed and explains office payment billing policies to patients
· Schedules new patient appointments, and informs patients of essential preparation requirements prior to visit (referrals, medical reports, etc.)
· Schedules follow-up appointments and completes the necessary requisition forms and pre-cert exams
· Defines and resolves patient/clinician issues/problems, bringing concerns to team lead or manager as necessary
· Reconciles billing and co-pays; refers payment and insurance problems to Billing Department
· Keeps and maintains inventory of office or clinical supplies; maintains an orderly reception
· Provides back-up support to other front desk staff and performs other related duties in support of efficient operations of the site
· Collaborates with colleagues throughout the system to improve processes, workflow, outcomes, and patient experience
Knowledge, Skills and Ability Requirements
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.