Hartford HealthCare Medical Group Specialists
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Part Time
Work where every moment matters.
Hartford HealthCare is Connecticut’s most comprehensive, integrated health care system, affiliated with six of the region's top hospitals including Hartford Hospital, the largest stroke center in New England and a major tertiary care academic medical center.
Advanced Practitioner Role Scope
· In collaboration with the attending physician, the role of the APRN is to provide skilled health care to patients in a variety of clinical settings. The APRN will be expected to manage a variety of general urology patients in collaboration with attending physician(s), clinical nurses, and other members of the healthcare team. Scope of responsibility of the APRN includes, but is not limited to, assessment, development of appropriate plan, and safe/ethical treatment of all patients. The consistent use of all appropriate and applicable standards of care, protocols, and guidelines is expected.
· Provides direct patient care in office consultations, including assessment, work-ups, triage, emergency work-ins, and other patient care activities
· Obtains and documents health history, performs and documents physical exam, and orders and interprets diagnostic tests
· Provides counseling to patients regarding diagnosis and expected course of treatment
· Collaborates with physician(s) to provide appropriate direct care interventions within scope of practice
· Collects, organizes, records, and discusses data as appropriate and uses sound clinical judgment based in best practice standards and evidenced based medicine
· Prescribes pharmaceuticals according to patient needs and conducts appropriate patient follow-up & outreach
· Ensures timely retrieval of laboratory and ancillary studies and diagnostic consultation reports
· Consults with appropriate internal and external staff to make appropriate referrals for acute, chronic and preventive care
Part Time – 32 hours – Outpatient
Advanced Practitioners Enjoy
At Hartford HealthCare newly graduated and experienced practitioners are provided with the support and mentorship they need to succeed through on the job, classroom, and procedural training. Our benefits include:
· Competitive Compensation
· Matching 401k, tiered medical, dental, and vision plans
· Generous Paid-Time Off
· Reimbursement for CME, professional society membership, licensure, and malpractice
· State of the art clinical and informatics technology.
· LEAN process improvement to drive quality outcomes and positively enhance both the patient and the provider experience
· Leadership development opportunities through Hartford HealthCare’s Professional Leadership Development Institute.
Advanced Practitioner Requirements
· Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner Master’s program preferred
· Licensed, or eligible to be licensed, as a Physician Assistant / Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) in the state of Connecticut
· Certification or eligible to be certified as a Physician Assistant or National Board Certification as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse through AACN or ANCC
· 2 years of Urology experience preferred
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.