Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Advanced Practitioner Benefits:
Hartford Hospital is seeking a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner to join their Neuroscience Critical Care team! The Advanced Practice Providers (APPs) are part of a multidisciplinary team that plans and delivers care for complex neuroscience patients with a focus on those with neurological and neurosurgical diseases and related disorders. Our patient population includes complex strokes, skull base surgery, status epilepticus, tumor resections, spinal cord injury, DBS, and other complex diseases. The APPs rotate in the intensive care unit and stepdown units.
Role: Open to Physician Assistants or Acute Care Nurse Practitioners
Location: 79 Jefferson Street, Hartford, 06102
Setting: Inpatient, Critical Care, Neuroscience
Schedule: Full-time, day/night rotating, including weekends and holidays. Premium differentials offered.
Call schedule: No call
Hartford HealthCare supports Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants in practice:
· Dedicated support and voice for our for Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants through the Office of Advanced Practice directed by Sarah Clark, MBA, MHS, PA-C, BSN, RN, System Director of Advanced Practice
· Hartford HealthCare is one of the largest, non-profit, fully-integrated healthcare systems providing patient care in the state, allowing our providers to care for their patients no matter where they reside in Connecticut
· With tools like EPIC, Hartford HealthCare’s state of the art clinical and informatics technology promotes improved patient outcomes, streamlined continuity of care and superior provider satisfaction
Nurse Practitioner and Physician Assistants Role Scope:
Under established guidelines and in collaboration and/or supervision with the practice physician(s), Advanced Practitioners perform routine physical examinations, and formulate medical, educational, and psychosocial plans to treat patients.
In consultation with the physician(s) and care team members, Advanced Practitioners develop plans for further evaluation of health needs, e.g., referral to other health team members or specialists.
Advanced Practitioners provide appropriate treatment for problems within the scope of the provider’s practice as designated by protocols and identifies problems outside of their scope of practice and refers appropriately to physician.
About Hartford Hospital:
Hartford Hospital is one of the largest and most respected teaching hospitals in New England. The Hospital is a Level 1 Trauma Center which provides cutting edge treatment to its patients. This is made possible by being home to the largest robotic surgery center in the Northeast and the Center for Education, Simulation and Innovation (CESI), one of the most-advanced medical simulation training centers in the world. When hospitals cannot provide the advanced care, expertise, and new treatment options their patients require, they turn to Hartford Hospital.
About Hartford HealthCare:
· Honored as a “Best Organizations for Leadership Development” by the National Center for Healthcare Leadership (NCHL)
· Prestigiously named one of the “Best Hospitals to Work for in Connecticut” by the Becker's Hospital Review
· Committed to continuous development through The Center for Education Stimulation & Innovation (CESI), our Provider Leadership Development Institute and a robust on demand learning platform including CME, special courses, learning series and tools and resources
· Established Mentorship and Orientation programs specially designed for newly hired providers and providers new to practice
Interested candidates please contact Jennifer Straka, Advanced Practice Recruiter, at [email protected] or (860) 996-4441.