Charlotte Hungerford Hospital
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Charlotte Hungerford Hospital is a 122-bed, general acute care community hospital located in Torrington, Connecticut, that serves as a regional health care resource for the 100,000 residents of Litchfield County and Northwest Connecticut. CHH offers personalized attention from an expert team of caregivers and physicians that utilize advanced technology and clinical partnerships in a convenient, safe and comfortable patient environment.
Responsible for the safe, timely and accurate transport of patients, medical equipment and patient-related items to their destinations enabling physicians, nurses, technicians, and therapists to perform their duties in an effective manner. Ensures positive patient and customer satisfaction, proper utilization of body mechanics, adherence to policies, procedures and standards established by the Hospital, Department and Regulatory Agencies. Acts as a positive role model and team player demonstrating HHC mission and values. Must be sensitive and attentive to all patient/guest needs.
· Responds to transport requests with a sense of urgency.
· Ensures oxygen tanks are not empty/tank has enough oxygen for entire transport.
· Ensures the comfort of the patient throughout entire request by being attentive; offers blankets, checks modesty, and only engages in appropriate conversation involving the patient.
· Follows department protocols using dispatch system appropriately.
· Utilizes ticket-to-ride documentation before leaving the unit with a patient.
· Transport patients between departments and to and from patient care areas as well as to and from inpatient and outpatient areas for the purpose of prescheduled and unscheduled procedures; via wheelchair, stretcher, bed and other transport equipment, or ambulation as requested.
· Notifies nursing personnel, clinician, technician and/or reception upon arrival for patient. Verifies correct patient identification, comparing information from pager/phone to patient wristband; obtains correct chart, verifies proper mode of transportation and confirms standard precautions.
· Maintains patient’s chart during transport and ensures confidentiality of patient information at all times.
· Collects and returns wheelchairs and stretchers and other various equipment to their proper locations.
· Disinfects and cleans transport equipment before and after each patient use and reports equipment needing repairs.
· Must be able to read and speak English
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Ability to follow directions
· Ability to solve basic problems
· Follows hospital specific protocols – for example, isolation and radiation precautions, etc
· Adheres to all policies, procedures and standards established by all regulatory agencies including but not limited to Federal, State, JCAHO, OSHA, and CDC.
· Ability to maintain a patient/customer focus fostering a teamwork environment.
· Ability to transport patient with specific needs. Example: those requiring oxygen tanks, cardiac cath patients, young children or elderly patients, IV’s, drainage tubes, etc.
· High School Diploma or GED preferred
· 3+ months related experience preferred
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.