Charlotte Hungerford Hospital
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Part Time
*New Hires Eligible For Sign-On Bonus Up To $2,000!*
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Charlotte Hungerford Hospital is a 122-bed, general acute care community hospital located in Torrington, Connecticut, that serves as a regional health care resource for the 100,000 residents of Litchfield County and Northwest Connecticut. CHH offers personalized attention from an expert team of caregivers and physicians that utilize advanced technology and clinical partnerships in a convenient, safe and comfortable patient environment.
The Multi Skilled Technician (MST, CNA, PCA, PCT), under the supervision of a Registered Nurse, provide services that contribute to meeting the health care, safety, comfort needs of patients. Responsibilities of this role may include routine clerical functions based on Business Unit requirements, performing routine functions related to the care and well-being of the patients, obtaining and documenting patient information; assisting in daily living activities; lifting, moving and transporting patients; management of drainage bags, specimen collection; and preparing patients for or assisting in the preparation of patients for various tests and/or procedures; collaborative assistance of the nursing team in beside care, procedures, and emergency response. Reports to Unit Manager.
Responsible for performing routine functions related to the care and well-being of the patients, including but not limited to:
o ambulating patients as required;
o assisting patients with daily living activities such as feeding, dressing, cleaning and grooming;
o performs specimen collections, including urine, stool, and sputum; perform EKG and Phlebotomy services
o answering call bells and reporting relevant information to nursing staff
o transporting patients as assigned;
· Monitors, cleans and restocks equipment and supplies as needed.
· Responsible for the timely and accurate reporting and appropriate documentation of relevant patient information. This includes immediate notification of unexpected patient changes to appropriate nursing staff for interpretation.
· Performs routine clerical functions for assigned Business Unit related to pre-admissions, admissions, discharges, transfers and death.
o performs other clerical and receptionist functions such as answering telephones, routing callers to appropriate locations, taking messages and providing routine information to callers within defined limits.
o prepare and maintain patient charts and confirm procedures with both patients and physician offices.
o In OB Unit, responsible for Birth Certificates, Newborn screens, ordering supplies, Notarizing documents etc
· Perform other related duties as required
· Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) or Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) licensed required or Candidate in Nursing School who has completed their 1st clinical semester required
· Demonstrated ability to read, write, and speak English, and perform basic Mathematics required
· CPR validation within 3 months of hire required
· High School Diploma or Equivalent Completion or pursuit of education in a related health field (I.E. medical assistant program, EMT certification, nursing, etc.) preferred
· Previous patient care experience, preferably in a hospital or acute-care setting preferred
· Certification as Patient Care Technician (PCT) preferred
· Bi-lingual preferred
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.