Institute of Living
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Per Diem
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The Institute of Living, one of the first mental health centers in the U.S., remains one of America’s leading not-for-profit centers for patient care, research and education in the fields of behavioral, psychiatric and addiction disorder. Through our dedicated, experienced and skilled clinicians, we provide patients and their families with the highest quality of personalized care. Programs are offered for children, adolescents and adults struggling with mental illness as well as offering services specializing in Anxiety, Eating Disorders, and Geriatric Services.
Provides quality, cost-effective care for patient/families and/or others in target population. Evaluates patients/families at multiple sites throughout the organization to determine Psychiatric/Substance Abuse care needs. Assures access, provides assessment and/or direct care, coordinates required resources and partners with receiving programs and clinicians. By utilizing excellent communication and negotiation skills, focuses on providing the appropriate service in the most cost-effective formula to assure that the patient, provider, payor and health care organization's goals are met. Reports to Unit Manager/Program Manager.
• LCSW, PhD, or PsyD licensed to practice in the state of CT
• Ability to meet requirements for internal credentialing in individual and group or family therapy required. Experience in assessment, triage and intake preferred. Individual programs may require specific additional certifications.
• Demonstrates competencies, including knowledge and behaviors, to meet age-specific patient needs.
• Knowledge of 12 step and self-help programs; understanding of addiction and recovery process; and group counseling skills and individual assessment skills are required.
• Excellent interpersonal/communication skills required. Individual programs may require bilingual in Spanish/English or other languages.
• Basic computer skills and knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
We take great care of careers.
As a Hartford Healthcare entity, The Hartford Hospital Institute of Living provides eligible employees with an extensive benefits package and all the benefits of working in a thriving centrally located urban community:
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.