Hartford HealthCare Medical Group Specialists
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Per Diem
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Charlotte Hungerford Hospital is a 122-bed, general acute care community hospital located in Torrington, Connecticut, that serves as a regional health care resource for the 100,000 residents of Litchfield County and Northwest Connecticut. CHH offers personalized attention from an expert team of caregivers and physicians that utilize advanced technology and clinical partnerships in a convenient, safe and comfortable patient environment.
Physician Assistant Role Scope
The physician assistant will be joining an expanding surgical service that provides a wide variety of specialty care in a close-working, collaborative environment. The primary focus will be management of surgical patients within general and orthopedic surgical specialties however coverage does extend to coverage of plastic, breast and urologic surgery when necessary. Responsibilities include:
· Pre-operative, intra-operative and post-operative care of surgical patients
· Comprehensive inpatient services for surgical patients including daily rounds, consults in the ER and on the floor, admissions and discharges
· Intraoperative first assist for a variety of cases within multiple specialties
· Conducts physical exams, assesses health status, orders and interprets tests, prescribes medications, and treats illnesses including giving injections and suturing wounds
· Monitors therapies and provides continuity of care
· Triages patient calls and evaluates patient problems
· Responds to emergencies including the use of CPR
· Counsels patient/family on preventive health care
· Documents patient information and care in medical record
Schedule: Per Diem
At Hartford HealthCare newly graduated and experienced providers are provided with the support and mentorship they need to succeed through on the job, classroom, and procedural training.
Physician Assistant Qualifications
· Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant Master’s program
· Licensed as a Physician Assistant in the state of Connecticut
· Certification as a Physician Assistant
· General Surgery experience highly preferred
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.