Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Per Diem
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford Hospital is one of the largest and most respected teaching hospitals New England. We are a Level 1 Trauma Center that provides cutting edge treatment to its patients. This is made possible by being home to the largest robotic surgery center in the Northeast and the Center for Education, Simulation and Innovation (CESI), one of the most-advanced medical simulation training centers in the world. When hospitals cannot provide the advanced care, expertise and new treatment options their patients require, they turn to us.
The CESI Training Specialist provides training, education, and evaluation of BLS, EMT, and N95 courses to ensure individual competence and program compliance with AHA, OEMS, and OSHA accreditation standards. He/She assists in CESI related programs. He/She may be asked to work weekends and evening shifts.
This position requires a minimum of 16 hours per month.
1. As a BLS Instructor, teaches AHA Basic Life Support classes to internal and external customers as well as HHC customers.
2. Prepares BLS instructional areas, i.e., classrooms, task trainers, and other equipment and material required for program.
3. Performs administrative BLS tasks such as obtaining student sign ins, maintaining student records and course documentation in Enrollware.
4. Prepares, reviews, and implements class lesson plans and skills. Responsible for the certification of practical skills of new EMT candidates and for overseeing, coordinating and certifying state EMT practical examinations and for administering written exams to EMR’s and EMT’s.
5. Responsible for inventory management and will notify CESI Administrative Assistant should supplies need to be ordered.
6. Teaches BLS and EMS classes off site as needed and is required to drive and supply materials as necessary.
7. Maintains thorough knowledge of each program and remains current in changes to requirements. Responsible to communicate any changes to the CESI EMS Manager.
8. Coordinates N95 fit testing sessions, administers the fit testing program, and provides education and training on the N95 mask fit testing process for all employees as part of their required yearly validation.
9. Conducts self in a manner that represents HHC’s Values at all times.
· High School diploma or GED.
· Successful completion of an EMT training program.
· College degree in Healthcare related field
· Minimum 3+ years’ experience as EMS Provider and in training healthcare professionals.
· BLS Provider certifications
· BLS Instructor
· English; Excellent verbal, written and personal communication skills
· Organizational skills set
· Interpersonal skills
· Technical skills
· Ability to inspire others
· Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
· Computer skills strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) is required
· May require evenings and or weekend shifts
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.