Charlotte Hungerford Hospital
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Part Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford HealthCare Rehabilitation Network is the premier rehabilitation provider in Connecticut. We provide rehabilitation services across the continuum - acute care hospitals, long term care facilities, sub-acute rehabilitation, homecare, outpatient centers, and in community settings such as senior centers, work sites, and schools and colleges. We offer over 30 outpatient locations with a variety of specialists, including oncology, women’s health, sports medicine, physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech language, we are known for our commitment to high quality, customer focused outcomes.
The Physical Therapist (PT) administers medically prescribed Physical Therapy treatments to patients. The Physical Therapist (PT) independently evaluates patient’s level of function, determines treatment strategies, and delivers and/or delegates Physical Therapy services that identify, prevent, remediate, and rehabilitate acute or prolonged physical dysfunction or pain. This role encompasses evaluation skills and techniques, analysis of patients, and therapeutic application of physical and chemical agents, prescription of exercise and other procedures to maximize the patient's functional independence.
· Upon Physician referral, the Physical Therapist (PT) performs thorough examination and evaluation of patient’s level of function, including evaluations for strength, movement, motor control, joint mobility, soft tissue integrity, pain, balance, coordination, posture, cardiopulmonary function by assessing and monitoring vitals, endurance, gait and functional abilities in activities of daily living
· Implements, delivers and delegates patient care by utilizing appropriate interventions and clinical decision making including but not limited to modalities such as heat, cold, light, water, sound, electricity, mobilization and therapeutic exercise.
· Provides patient and caregiver education regarding treatment, precautions, and equipment use
· Participates in patient transition planning and/or patient discharge planning including recommendations to community resources to meet patient needs throughout the continuum of care. Help to coordinate patient care with other care providers such as MDs, Rehab Therapists, Nurses, Social Workers, and other community resources as related to care transition planning.
· Delegates patient care tasks and provide clinical supervision for Physical Therapist students, Rehabilitation Aides and Physical Therapist Assistants.
· BS, MS or DPT in Physical Therapy from an accredited American Physical Therapy Association Program.
· Current or temporary Physical Therapist licensure in the state of CT
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.