New Britain General
New Britain, CT
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Per Diem
Work where every moment matters.
Hartford HealthCare is actively looking for a Registered Nurse (Per Diem) to join their dynamic team with the Critical Care Unit (ICU) in New Britain, CT.
Hartford HealthCare doesn’t just take great care of our patients, we take great care of our employees too. At Hartford HealthCare, we offer:
· Newly Revised Competitive Hourly Rates
· Tuition Reimbursement after just 6 months of employment and up to 40% reimbursement with Quinnipiac University for colleague AND dependents
· Generous Paid Time Off
· Medical, dental and vision plans
· 401K with company match
· Ample opportunities for advancement
The Critical Care Unit at the Hospital of Central Connecticut is a 24-bed unit, all comprised of private rooms. The staff includes Registered Nurses, Nurse Assistants, Administrative Support Staff, with attending Physicians and Mid-level providers available 24-7. Our unit is equipped with the highest levels of technology including Electronic Patient Records. Our staff works in collaborative environments with strong interdisciplinary teams in a patient centered care model in a richly diverse work space.
Our Nurses work in collaborative environments with strong interdisciplinary teams, focused on a patient centered care model in a richly diverse work space. Under the direction and general supervision of the Nurse Manager, the registered nurse utilizes evidence based practices in accordance with the State Nurse Practice Act, policies and procedures of the hospital and as directed by the medical staff. The registered nurse who through knowledge and ability, uses the nursing process to develop a plan of care which includes standards of practice to meet the physical, emotional spiritual, cultural and educational needs of the patient and family.
• RN with current Connecticut license; BSN preferred. Critical Care experience preferred.
• Demonstrates excellence in customer service
• Highly effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Self directed in clinical responsibilities.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others
• Ability to manage and organize multiple clinical priorities.
• Ability to delegate to achieve patient outcomes.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.