St. Vincent's Medical Center
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Start here at St. Vincent’s Medical Center and work where every moment matters!
St. Vincent’s Medical Center doesn’t just take great care of our patients; we take great care of our Registered Nurses too! Our benefit options at Hartford Hospital are designed so you can care for yourself and your family, just as you care for others when you are here.
What our nurses’ love about St. Vincent’s Medical Center:
• Automatic enrollment into the Nurse Residency Program for all graduate RNs with less than one year of experience.
• Tuition Reimbursement up to $5,250.00 after six months of employment and up to 40% tuition discounts with partnering institutions for colleague AND dependents
• Loan forgiveness for qualifying existing student loans
• Employee assistance and wellness programs including a strong focus on promoting mental health
• No mandatory shift extensions or on-call obligations
• Paid time off and health insurance packages
• Free parking on-site
• Discounts on services, products and optional coverages – movie tickets, pet insurance, travel and more!
· Provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
· Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
· Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
· Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
· Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
· Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to assess patients and to identify physical, psychosocial, cultural, spiritual and age-related needs in order to provide individualized care to the patient.
· Delegates aspects of care to other nursing personnel consistent with their level of education and expertise in order to meet patients' needs and to maximize staff performance.
· Participates in daily interdisciplinary patient rounds. Demonstrates knowledge of patients' condition and is able to provide appropriate input to meet desired outcomes for the appropriate patient population.
· Reflects ANA Scope and Standards of Nursing Practice (2015), ANA Code of Ethics (2015), and ANA Social Policy Statement (2015).
· Develops, implements and revises individualized plans of care.
· Participates in activities for professional growth and development outside of patient care.
· Other Duties as assigned.
• Graduate of an accredited nursing school
• Current Connecticut RN license
• BLS certification by the American Heart Association
• Associate degree required, BSN preferred.
• NICU/L&D and/or critical care experience required.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center is part of Hartford HealthCare, a system that includes 7 acute care hospitals, a comprehensive Behavioral Health Network, Home Care services, Senior Services, and an extensive Medical Group network. Hartford HealthCare’s unified culture enhances access, affordability, equity and excellence. Its care-delivery system of over 37,000 employees— in more than 500 locations serving 185 towns across Connecticut offers unparalleled expertise-touching more than 23,000 lives every single day. Here you’ll learn, grow, and contribute to healing and health as part of one of Connecticut’s premier health systems. No matter where you work in the Hartford HealthCare system, you're connected to the team that's redefining care. Start here, where every moment matters.