St. Vincent's Medical Center
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Per Diem
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent’s is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system’s second-largest hospital.
Responsible for providing clinical nutrition services, including nutrition assessment, modified diet formulation, self-management training and nutrition intervention to patients/residents. Ensures patient satisfaction, quality care, regulatory agency compliance, and good public relations are achieved through the safe and efficient use of resources.
· Assesses the nutritional status of patients/residents/customers and determines individualized nutrition care plan. Monitors effectiveness of nutrition care plan per standards of care. Coordinates nutritional care of patient with food services.
· Completes nutrition-focused physical exams (NFPE). Diagnoses and addresses malnutrition with appropriate nutrition care plan. Serves as expert on identifying and treating malnutrition. Educates other members of the health care team on malnutrition.
· Documents nutrition assessments, interventions, and follow-up care in the EMR according to policy. Tracks data related to patient caseload, complexity and time spent in indirect care activities.
· Provides nutrition education and outreach to the local community. Participates in hospital community nutrition education program. Develops nutrition education materials for community programs.
· Provides nutrition education to patients, students, staff, and community members as needed.
· Provides guidance, education, and direction to clinical dietetic technicians and food and nutrition employees, when appropriate. Orients, mentors and trains interns as applicable.
· Provides outpatient nutrition counseling and group classes to various patient populations.
· Perform other related duties as required.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Food and Nutrition/Dietetics or related field required
· Registered Dietitian Nutritionist with Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) required
· Certified Dietitian-Nutritionist with the CT Department of Public Health within 90 days of hire
· Must be able to read, write and speak English
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
· Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of medical staff, healthcare professionals, managers, clients, customers, and the general public
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, and volume.
· Additional languages a plus
· Master’s Degree in Nutrition or related field preferred
· One year of work experience in clinical nutrition preferred
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.