Hartford HealthCare Medical Group Specialists
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Get MORE from your career with Hartford HealthCare
Hartford HealthCare, the largest and most comprehensive healthcare system in Connecticut, has a new opportunity available for a practice-based Neurology Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to join our Stroke team at St. Vincent’s Medical
Some highlights include:
· Join a supportive and growing stroke team that provides advance neurology care in both the inpatient and outpatient setting. Follow your patient’s journey from the acute setting to recovery in the clinic setting.
· Work directly with the Stroke Medical Director, Navigator and Program Coordinator to influence and continuously improve outcomes.
· Enjoy a stable weekday full-time schedule
· Open and approachable attending physicians who are supportive of learning and growth
· Responsibilities include: consultation and medical management of stroke patients inclusive of diagnostic testing, medication management, health risk management, follow up care & patient education. Participation in stroke rounds, multidisciplinary coordination meetings, and being a part of advancing neurosciences care in the region.
There are no limits to what you can achieve when you join The Ayer Neuroscience Institute at Hartford HealthCare. The extensive capabilities of the most integrated healthcare system in CT offers Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners MORE OPPORTUNITY as you practice with nationally respected colleagues in a progressive, physician-led environment. Our broad network includes seven acute care hospitals including one of the largest academic and surgical hospitals in the northeast, thriving community teaching hospitals, and one of the largest multi-specialty medical groups in New England with more than 1,000 providers.
The Ayer Neuroscience Institute at Hartford HealthCare is a rapidly expanding Institute with a focus on comprehensive patient care, academics, and research. The Institute enjoys the resources of a system committed to excellence in patient quality and experience and an impressive staff of world class Neuroscience leaders.
This means MORE OPTIONS to propel your career to new heights and all within a deeply embedded culture of inclusion, innovation, and focus on the highest quality of care. We are teachers, researchers, innovators, leaders and, most of all, caregivers.
Eligibility to be licensed as a Physician Assistant (PA) or Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) in Connecticut is required. Eligibility to be certified as a PA, Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP), Adult Nurse Practitioner (ANP), or Adult Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (AGPCNP) is required.
Experience practicing as an Advanced Practice Provider is required. Experience practicing within vascular neurology or stroke is highly preferred.
Located between Boston and New York City, Connecticut offers you and your family access to a lifestyle that is second to none. Enjoy the finest schools in the nation, four beautiful seasons of recreational activities, and options to live at the shore, in leafy suburbs, or in vibrant urban areas. To put MORE GROWTH IN YOUR CAREER, apply today!