Hartford HealthCare Medical Group Specialists
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Per Diem
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut's most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford HealthCare Medical Group is one of the largest medical practices in New England with multiple locations throughout Connecticut and Rhode Island. We consist of a team of professionals ranging from Medical Assistants to Physician Assistants and everything in between. Our physician led medical group enjoys an excellent reputation with patients and the medical community, offering primary care, urgent care and more than 30 different specialties.
At Hartford HealthCare Medical Group we offer:
• Supportive environment to promote professional and interpersonal development and growth
• Tuition Reimbursement up to $5,250.00 after six months of employment and up to 40% tuition discounts with partnering institutions for colleague AND dependents
• Employee assistance and wellness programs including a strong focus on promoting mental health
• Paid time off and health insurance packages
Provides basic clinical and clerical support in the delivery of patient care within the Medical Assistant scope of education. The Medical Assistant experiences continued training of all aspects of the Medical Assistant role. Provides direct patient care under direction of provider, including but not limited to:
• Vitals, allergy/ medical reconciliation, screenings.
• Patient history, health maintenance, advance directives and virtual health.
• Perform check in/out, referrals, chart prep and prior authorizations.
• Conducts point of care testing including quality control and documentation.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Diploma from an accredited Medical Assistant program OR an active CT CNA, EMT, Paramedic or Medic Certification OR relative experience as outlined below.
• Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
• All required credentials to be maintained throughout employment.
• In lieu of education requirement, at least one year of experience in direct patient care (acute or ambulatory space) may be considered.
• Relevant experience or MA externship in a busy medical office preferred.
• EPIC EMR experience preferred.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge - helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.