Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
For more than 75 years, Windham Hospital has treated patients with the latest high-tech equipment, operated by some of the most skilled and compassionate medical professionals available. We seek to meet the total healthcare needs of people from throughout Northeastern Connecticut. Our staff members are proud to live and work in this area, and are committed to providing quality healthcare to our community.
Job Summary: The Women’s Health Regional Social Worker contributes to the overall success of Backus Hospital, Windham Hospital and the Hartford HealthCare system Performs the social work functions of bio-psycho- social assessment, short term crisis intervention, supportive counseling and resource referral. Provides intervention to assist patients/families to improve social and economic difficulties that may interfere with health and wellness of the mother and child. Facilitates planning across the continuum of care and collaborates with the inpatient social worker for continuity of care.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
1. Working in collaboration with the Women’s Health Team and inpatient Social Worker to conduct assessment and re-assessment of patients’ bio-psycho- social needs considering their premorbid status, current as well as available
resources, and the patients’ and family’s wishes. Documents actions.
2. Working in collaboration with the Women’s Health Team, formulates a documented plan to meet the patients’ needs including and communicated to the interdisciplinary team, the patient and/or responsible party and third-party payers. Revises the plan based on changes in patients’ condition.
3. Working in collaboration with the Women’s Health Team, facilitates the discharge plan, including the patient, families and treatment team, making any needed referrals/arrangements and documenting actions
4. Working in collaboration with the Women’s Health Team, facilitates/participates in patient/family conferences as needed
5. Provides crisis intervention and brief, supportive counseling.
6. Assesses patients for Advance Directive status and follows up according to hospital policy.
7. Assess patients for possible abuse/neglect and complies with mandated reporting guidelines in accordance with statutory guidelines and hospital policy.
8. Facilitates completion of state mandated screening requirements for patients being discharged to skilled nursing facilities.
9. Administers follow up copy of Important Message from Medicare in accordance with hospital policy.
10. Facilitates resolution of legal issues as indicated and appropriate including but not limited to conservatorship.
11. Facilitates completion of any applications for entitlements and/or available resources.
Education: Master’s degree in Social Work or related human services field required.
Experience: One (1) year of social work or human services experience required. Two (2) or more years of health care experience preferred.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: State of CT LCSW preferred.
Language Skills: Highly effective verbal and written communication skills required. Multilingual preferred.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.