St. Vincent's Medical Center
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The Hartford HealthCare Cancer Institute focuses on offering our cancer patients an unparalleled network of coordinated services– all under one roof. Our system of care includes a truly integrated team with the most talented, experienced, and compassionate caregivers and physicians, backed by the latest cutting-edge technology.
The Radiation Oncology Senior Physicist uses leadership behaviors and knowledge of radiation physics, treatment planning techniques and clinical problem-solving skills to supervise and assist the Radiation Oncology team of physicians, dosimetrists, therapists and nurses to deliver radiation treatment of maximal quality safety and effectiveness. Responsibilities include but, are not limited to the following:
· Responsible for performing quality assurance on a monthly, annual, and on-going basis guided by professional recommendations of the AAPM. This includes, but is not limited to linear accelerator, brachytherapy, and treatment planning software QA.
· Performing clinical tasks, such as chart reviews, plan checks, patient specific quality assurance, performing treatment plans for special procedures (SRS/SBRT/HDR), and supervising special procedure treatments and simulations.
· Oversees day to day operations, ensuring adequate physics and treatment planning coverage, ensuring that patient and machine QA are performed in a timely manner, and providing direct supervision of regional dosimetrists.
· Advising and collaborating with physician and professional colleagues in clinical problem solving and technical troubleshooting.
· Guides the decision making, quality assurance development, and ensuring adequate training for new technologies or techniques introduced to the clinic.
· Team lead for acceptance testing and commissioning of new equipment and software.
· Participates in the education of radiation therapy students through didactic and clinical demonstrations.
Maintains expertise in the latest technologies and techniques in radiation oncology treatments.
· Master’s degree from an accredited Physics Program required
· Ph.D. from an accredited medial Physics Program preferred
Licensure, Certifications, Registrations:
· Board Certification in Therapeutic Physics by the American Board of Radiology or equivalent institution
· Five (5) years Radiation Oncology Physics experience
· Recent experience with the Mosaiq R&V system preferred
· Experience with Varian TrueBeam and NovalisTx preferred
Key Critical Success Factors:
· Knowledge of C# programming for API scripting
· Proven Ability to lead a team in process improvement and implementation of new technologies.
· Expertise in Eclipse, OnCentra, BrainLab elements planning systems, Velocity deformable registration software, and the RadFormation suite of software packages
· Proficiency with ArcCheck, SRS MapCheck, IC Profiler and the SunCheck Suite of applications
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
· Strong communication skills, written, verbal and listening.
· Expertise in Clinical Radiation Physics and current safety and quality assurance protocols
· Familiarity with treatment planning algorithms, and commissioning
· Expertise in the operation, behavior, troubleshooting and quality assurance of radiation producing devices/isotopes
· Ability to interact with patients and colleagues in a professional and respectful manner
· Flexibility to travel between sites as needed
· Proven ability to engage with information technology colleagues in enterprise software rollouts and upgrades.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.