Hartford HealthCare Medical Group Specialists
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut's most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford HealthCare Medical Group is one of the largest medical practices in New England with multiple locations throughout Connecticut and Rhode Island. We consist of a team of professionals ranging from Medical Assistants to Physician Assistants and everything in between. Our physician led medical group enjoys an excellent reputation with patients and the medical community, offering primary care, urgent care and more than 30 different specialties.
Responsible for providing outstanding and professional customer service to ensure efficiency and promote a positive patient experience.
· Warmly greets and registers arriving patients.
· Answers incoming calls promptly and professionally, evaluates priority, and directs calls appropriately according to urgency and subject matter.
· Schedules new patient appointments accurately, and informs patients of essential preparation requirements prior to visit.
· Reviews daily Televox report of appointment confirmations to ensure accurate schedule and appropriate communications with patients.
· Collects co-payments and office charges as needed and explains office payment billing policies to patients.
· Ensures patients have a comfortable and inviting environment by maintaining a clean waiting room, actively removing trash and keeping magazines current at the start of each session and throughout the day.
· High school diploma or equivalent preferred
· Relevant experience in a fast-paced medical office highly preferred.
· Epic experience preferred.
· Positive, customer-focused approach, with commitment to providing excellent patient care.
· Ability to adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment juggling multiple competing tasks and demands.
· Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment.
· Excellent verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate in other languages highly desirable.
· Strong computer skills. Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
· Basic working knowledge of medical terminology.
· Ability to travel independently to satellite offices with or without advanced notice.
· Strong working knowledge of insurance requirements.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge - helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.