Hartford HealthCare Medical Group Specialists
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Job Schedule: Full Time
Standard Hours: 40
Job Shift: Shift 1
Shift Details: Mon-Fri; 4 10-hour shifts
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner (APRN) Role Scope
We are actively seeking a dynamic and dedicated experienced Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner (APRN) to join a top Cardiology practice in Norwich. The Cardiology Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner (APRN) will provide direct care to patients in the outpatient setting in collaboration with the physicians.
The ideal candidate will provide high quality patient-centered care, advocacy and education for patients and their families.
· Must be self-motivated and flexible to meet the demands of the specialty.
· The provider should exhibit a passion for cardiology and be open to being part of a rapidly growing institute where adaptability is paramount.
· Must be able to communicate effectively with all members of the healthcare team, patients and family and demonstrate excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
· Educate patient and family members ensuring they understand the care being provided, testing being performed, medical conditions including treatment regimens and expected outcomes.
· Clinical management in collaboration with the physicians in the outpatient offices as well as in partnership with hospital-based APPs and physicians.
· Strong clinical background and the ability to diagnose, treat and manage complex cardiovascular care including acute and chronic disease, medication management and other therapies.
· Must have ability to identify diagnostic information that should be considered emergent and communicate timely information to physician colleague
Advanced Practitioners Enjoy
At Hartford HealthCare, newly graduated and experienced providers are provided with the support and mentorship they need to succeed through on the job, classroom, and procedural training. Our benefits include:
· Competitive Compensation
· Matching 401k, tiered medical, dental, and vision plans
· Generous Paid-Time Off
· Reimbursement for CME, professional society membership, licensure, and malpractice
· Proven and effective onboarding with supportive ongoing mentorship
· Leadership development opportunities through Hartford HealthCare’s Professional Leadership Development Institute
Hartford HealthCare Medical Group
Hartford HealthCare Medical Group is one of the largest medical practices in New England with multiple locations throughout Connecticut and Rhode Island. Hartford HealthCare Medical Group consists of a team of professionals ranging from Medical Assistants to Physician Assistants and is a leading provider of comprehensive resources in New England. The practice is recognized for its expertise, quality and personalized care.
Hartford Healthcare Heart & Vascular Institute
This rapidly expanding Institute includes six acute care hospitals, including Backus Hospital. The Hartford HealthCare Heart & Vascular Institute brings together cardiac care specialists – increasing collaboration and care coordination – all under one roof. Our system of care includes a truly integrated team with the most talented, experienced, and compassionate caregivers and providers, backed by the latest cutting-edge technology.
Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner (APRN) Requirements
Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner Master’s Program
Licensed, or eligible to be licensed, as a Physician Assistant (PA-C), Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP), or Adult Geriatric Primary Care (AGPCNP) in the state of Connecticut
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.