St. Vincent's Medical Center
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Part Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent’s is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system’s second-largest hospital.
We are currently looking for an Occupational Therapist (OT) to join our inpatient rehab team at St. Vincent’s Medical Center. This position is a part time opening for weekend shifts only, every other weekend.
The Occupational Therapist (OT) independently evaluates patients’ level of function and determines, develops, and implements individualized treatment goals and plans in alignment with the patient/caregiver goals. The Occupational Therapist (OT) determines treatment strategies and delivers Occupational Therapy services that promote health and wellness, prevent injury or disability, improve and develop self-dependency and maintenance, productivity, leisure, perceptual motor function, rest, mental, cognitive physical, sensory-perceptual, psychosocial developmental, and emotional wellbeing in a variety of contexts and environments in order to maximize function in the areas of daily living, leisure/recreation, and productivity/work.
The Occupational Therapist (OT) delegates patient care responsibilities to Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant.
This role encompasses evaluation skills and techniques, analysis of patients, and application Occupational Therapy to maximize the patient's functional independence.
· Acute care working experience or affiliation highly preferred.
· Graduate of Occupational Therapy Program from an accredited American Occupational Therapy Association school, BS degree or entry level master's degree.
· Current Occupational Therapist License required.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability Requirements
· Able to coordinate and manage patient care needs recognizing issues that require intervention
· Able to communicate effectively with patient, family, and team members to reach optimum patient outcomes.
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Demonstrates competence, including knowledge and behaviors, to meet age specific patients’ needs
· Maintains infection control policies related to patient care
· Ability to exercise independent judgement
· Able to adapt to a changing environment
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.