Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 20,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford Hospital is one of the largest and most respected teaching hospitals New England. We are a Level 1 Trauma Center that provides cutting edge treatment to its patients. This is made possible by being home to the largest robotic surgery center in the Northeast and the Center for Education, Simulation and Innovation (CESI), one of the most-advanced medical simulation training centers in the world. When hospitals cannot provide the advanced care, expertise and new treatment options their patients require, they turn to us
This is a front-line, first impression position requiring a person who is customer-service oriented with a professional and positive attitude and image. Dedicated to exceeding the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. Performs multi-dimensional administrative tasks that require creativity and independent, discretionary judgment to meet the needs of a manager or function. May act on behalf of superior on routine matters within established guidelines. Reports to assigned manager.
As a team member, works effectively with all members of the Department of Surgery and customers to provide quality service through communication, cooperation and collaboration. The individual assumes responsibility for self-improvement by collaborating with the superior to identify growth opportunities and resources.
- Provides administrative support to one or more physician leaders within the Department of Surgery
- Provides administrative support to the Director of Surgical Advanced Practice and DOS APP Team Managers
- Serves as primary support for DOS APP administrative, onboarding and reimbursement needs
- Track/Process DOS APP staff reimbursement requests/expenses
- Serves as the Department’s CME Coordinator
- Responsible for entering multiple Surgical Division on-call schedules into the SPOK Hospital-Wide Scheduling System
- Serves as Hartford Hospital/UConn Health Site Coordinator for the DOS Medical Students & SICU Residents
- Serves as Coordinator of the DOS Research Fellowship to include supporting DOS Research Leadership
- Provides special project support to the HH DOS Administrative Director as needed
- Facilitates DOS staffing request through the use of the TALEO system as necessary
- Assists Accounting with the transfer process of DOS dollars to other Departments as needed
- Monitors department budget including special fund accounts as necessary
- Complete other responsibilities as assigned/deemed by the manager/director to meet program and Departmental objectives.
- Associate’s Degree required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in an advanced level administrative support role is required; 3-plus years’ experience supporting a Department Director is preferred.
- Must possess excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, with advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel. The applicant must possess (or take initiative to possess) a high degree of initiative, independent judgment, resourcefulness and problem-solving skills.
- Must have experience with budgets & understand financial analysis.
- Must have experience with PC-based applications (EPIC, PeopleSoft, TractManager, SWIFT, etc.).
- Must possess excellent writing/proofreading skills for Department correspondence, emails and meeting minutes.
- Must be able to prepare complex schedules.
- Must be able to prepare meeting agendas and materials needed for meetings/events, record meeting minutes and transcribe/distribute minutes in a timely manner, performing post meeting follow-up as required.
- Must be extremely organized and able to prioritize his/her workload and multi-task despite frequent interruptions.
- The position requires working on tasks with a high degree of confidentiality.
- Able to come in early/stay later than scheduled hours as requested at certain times of the year.
- Additional responsibilities may be added as deemed by the supervisor/manager.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.