St. Vincent's Special Needs Center
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Per Diem
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
For over 60 years, St. Vincent’s Special Needs Services (SVSNS) has been a trusted provider of specialized services for children and adults with multiple developmental disabilities and complex medical needs, such as cerebral palsy, acute brain injury, neuromuscular disorders and autism spectrum disorders. Each year, more than 400 children, adults and their families receive services from the organization. As a private provider of residential services for DDS, SVSNS’ group homes are licensed by DDS and proudly hold the distinction of consistently attaining maximum licensure and accreditation status. Today, we operate 8 fully accessible licensed Adult group homes (each house is home to six residents) in six communities: Bridgeport, Monroe, Shelton, Stratford, Newtown and Trumbull
Job Summary: Provides informal training and direct care to clients based on person-centered plans, individual needs/requests and daily household operations.
• Supervises, trains, and/or assists client in accordance with the person-centered plan, including personal care, recreation, and reinforcement of individual habiliation objectives.
• Assures client's personal property and adaptive equipment is clean and in good order including wheel chair, clothing and living space. Plans, schedules and transports clients to work, appointments and community activities.
• Documents routine medications and treatments as prescribed by physicians and/or health care professionals.
• Assists individuals with meal preparation and encourages good nutritional habits and adherence to prescribed diets.
• Effective communication, oral, written and electronic skills.
• Assists in all duties essential to the operational needs of the site.
• Assists individuals to meet their physical emotional spiritual developmental health and safety needs.
• Adapts positively to fast paced changing environment.
• Maintain required licenses certifications and trainings.
• Completes all related paperwork for mandatory compliance with DDS and other related agencies.
• Other Duties as assigned
• Licensed Drivers License credentialed from the Connecticut Department of Motor Vehicles obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
One or more of the following:
• Certified Heart Saver AED credentialed from the American Red Cross obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
• Certified Heart Saver AED credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
Work Experience: 1 year experience assisting individuals with disabilities or completion of Human Services training program preferred.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.