Description Job Schedule:
Part Time Standard Hours:
24 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
The shifts are 12 hour shifts. The shift begins at 9am and ends at 9pm.
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The Emergency Department at Charlotte Hungerford Hospital offers emergency services to people of all ages for any medical, surgical, or behavioral health need that may arise. Our unit is comprised of 35 beds, including a FastTrack area, Crisis Intervention for Acute Behavioral Health Emergencies, and specialized Critical Care resuscitation rooms.
Our multi-disciplinary team includes Registered Nurses, Physicians, Physician Assistants, Patient Care Technicians and an ancillary support staff, all of whom work together in a supportive environment to ensure we have a safe and skillful emergency department for our staff members and patients. We strive to work with the utmost efficiently and professionalism while at the same time providing the highest levels of personalized, compassionate care and satisfaction for our community and surrounding areas.
Under the supervision of a Registered Nurse, the Patient Care Associate performs delegated functions as a member of a patient care team to provide a variety of services. These activities contribute to meeting the health care, safety and comfort needs of patients, and are performed in accordance with all existing regulatory and hospital standards, policies and procedures.
Responsible for performing a number of routine functions related to the care and well-being of the patients, including but not limited to:
- Obtaining and documenting patient information
- Assisting patients with daily living activities such as feeding, dressing, cleaning and grooming lifting, moving and transporting patients
- Ambulating patients as required
- Responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction (patient, family, physician, others), maintaining patient confidentiality and being sensitive to the age specific patient needs for comfort, privacy and generalized care.
- Answering call bells and reporting relevant information to nursing staff
- Performs specimen collections, including urine, stool, and sputum; Management of drainage bags and associated documentation
- Monitors, cleans and restocks equipment and supplies as needed.
- Assists in the organization of the Pre-admission Test process and directs or assists patients through various phases or locations of the test process.
- Provides a variety of tests and/or services in order to obtain vital patient information related to their on-going care and treatment plan. These activities may include but are not limited to: performing finger-stick blood glucose monitoring; preparation of patients for cardiac monitoring; performing and obtaining ECG’s; and drawing blood by venipuncture, observing strict principles of asepsis and antisepsis to prevent infection and contamination of specimens. The incumbents are also required to take patients vital signs including but not limited to temperature, blood pressure, weight, respiration rate, and oxygen saturation.
- Performs routine clerical functions for assigned Business Unit related to pre-admissions, admissions, discharges, transfers and death. Additionally, as assigned, performs other clerical and receptionist functions such as answering telephones, routing callers to appropriate locations, taking messages and providing routine information to callers within defined limits.
- Prepare and maintain patient charts and confirm procedures with both patients and physician offices.
- Perform other related duties as required
- CPR validation within 3 months of hire
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and speak English, and perform basic Mathematics
- Ability to perform physical effort as specified by position physical requirements and occupational exposure form.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Completion or pursuit of education in a related health field (I.E. medical assistant program, EMT certification, nursing, etc.) preferred
- Previous patient care experience, preferably in a hospital or acute-care setting preferred
- Certification as a nursing assistant (CNA) or Patient Care Technician (PCT) preferred
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.