Hartford HealthCare Corp.
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The story of Hartford HealthCare is the story of transformation – from a handful of disconnected organizations a decade ago to a unified system with a shared, value-based culture of accountability and innovation. The healthcare landscape has become highly competitive, with new players and disruptive technology and we are working to expand and create our system’s organizational, leadership, cultural, and talent capabilities to ensure Hartford HealthCare will always be the first choice of the people we serve.
As part of the Compensation Center of Excellence (COE), the Compensation Analyst provides consulting to an assigned internal client group on all aspects of compensation, in support of organizational goals and objectives, and ensures compliance with applicable governmental rules and regulations. Responsibilities include but, are not limited to the following:
• Researches, evaluates, designs, plans and implements equitable compensation programs that are aligned with and support business objectives, internal equity and market competitiveness.
• Effectively contributes to projects related to development and implementation of base and premium pay and at-risk pay program; survey administration, communications, merit programs and cost impact analyses.
• Maintains standards for benchmarking compensation to ensure consistency in methodologies and to aid in the analysis of compensation model effectiveness and the identification of best practices.
• Participates in and interprets surveys to ensure the maintenance of the Hartford HealthCare competitive position with regard to benchmark jobs and the local, regional, and national markets.
• Identifies trends related to industry and geographic best practices.
• Anticipates internal and external business challenges and/or regulatory issues.
• Maintains current knowledge on regulations impacting compensation decisions, including FLSA classification.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, Finance or related discipline
• Minimum of 2 years of Human Resources and/or Finance experience, preferably in an analytical role
• Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) or classes towards CCP certification preferred
• Basic/intermediate knowledge of compensation principles
• Proven ability to think critically about and problem solve with data to answer questions and provide insight
• Exceptional attention to detail and ability to review and analyze data to ensure accuracy
• Must have strong qualitative and analytical skills and maintain a strong attention to detail
• Must work well independently with a high level of responsibility, ability to navigate effectively in matrix environments, and ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
• Takes initiative to identify and propose process improvements
• Strong business acumen and interpersonal skills; strong business writing and verbal communication skills to effectively present ideas in a variety of mediums
• Demonstrated ability to partner with complex businesses to understand the business needs and to develop suitable recommendations
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.