St. Vincent's Medical Center
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent’s is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system’s second-largest hospital.
Job Summary: Facilitates the safe and efficient performance of surgical procedures.
• Prepares surgical operating suite with sterile drapes and sterile solutions as well as appropriate sterile and non-sterile instruments and supplies.
• Hands required/requested instruments and supplies to surgeon during surgery.
• Assists with preparing, transporting, positioning and draping patients.
• Maintains instruments in an organized manner and monitors/tracks instruments counts throughout procedures.
• Demonstrates expertise in the preparation process for the surgical procedure after consultation with the surgical team as to identify plan of care.
• Understands and utilizes principles of surgical asepsis.
• Implements barrier precautions in the decontamination of the surgical suite and equipment post operatively.
• Functions as a collaborative team member enhancing inter and intradepartmental relationships.
• Uses high reliability behaviors to provide safe and efficient patient care.
• Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
• Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Red Cross obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
• Certified Surgical Tech specializing in Surgery credentialed from the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA).
• Graduate of an accredited surgical technologist program required
Work Experience: Experience preferred.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.