Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Per Diem
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
For more than 75 years, Windham Hospital has treated patients with the latest high-tech equipment, operated by some of the most skilled and compassionate medical professionals available. We seek to meet the total healthcare needs of people from throughout Northeastern Connecticut. Our staff members are proud to live and work in this area, and are committed to providing quality healthcare to our community.
The Pharmacy Department at Windham Hospital consists of Pharmacy Technicians and Pharmacists who work together in a collaborative team environment meeting the needs of our patients.
Pharmacy Technicians assist Pharmacists in the preparation, dispensing and distribution of sterile and non-sterile medication throughout the hospital.
• Performs patient interviews, clarifies medication histories, and documents information in the electronic medical record
• Prepares compounded sterile products in accordance to regulatory and departmental requirements
• Assists in the preparation and distribution of medications, ensuring all medications are administered using patient safety technology systems
• Positively interacts with patients and other hospital guests to enhance the quality of case/service provided
• Performs other duties as assigned
High School diploma or equivalent.
License and Certification:
Pharmacy Technician Certification (within 3months of hire) or enrollment in a Pre-Pharmacy/Pharmacy college program
Must be A Registered Pharmacy Technician with the CT Department of Consumer protection within 30 days of hire.
At least one year of hospital pharmacy experience is strongly preferred
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.