Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Per Diem
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford Hospital is one of the largest and most respected teaching hospitals New England. We are a Level 1 Trauma Center that provides cutting edge treatment to its patients. This is made possible by being home to the largest robotic surgery center in the Northeast and the Center for Education, Simulation and Innovation (CESI), one of the most-advanced medical simulation training centers in the world. When hospitals cannot provide the advanced care, expertise and new treatment options their patients require, they turn to us.
A Student Surgical Technologist (SST) provides surgical procedures assistant within the scope of practice under direct supervision. The ST student will adhere to Standards of Practice while working under the direct supervision of Registered Nurse and/or Certified Surgical Technologist
This is a student who is enrolled in an accredited Surgical Technology Program and performs the SST role outside of clinical rotation hours
• A Surgical Technology Student currently enrolled in an accredited Surgical Technology Program
• Successfully performing in the clinical rotations with a competency of 75% or greater.
• Demonstrates competency in Aseptic Technique
• Demonstrates/maintains required student surgical technologist skills of Clinical Level II or III
• Adheres to Program and HHC policies and standards
• Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively/appropriately with surgical team.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.