St. Vincent's Special Needs Center
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Part Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent’s is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system’s second-largest hospital.
Job Summary: Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates educational activities planning for an assigned service or population.
• Collaborates with nurse managers and staff to assess the learning needs and competencies of staff.
• Develops, implements and evaluates educational plans/programs and utilizes methods, measurements and tools to evaluate achievement of learning goals.
• Serves as a resource for staff in areas of program development, clinical practice, and professional development.
• Participates in the coordination and continuity of orientation programs, including preceptor programs.
• Collaborates with Nurse Manager and staff to assess learning needs and competencies.
• Collaborates with Nurse Manager and Clinical Nurse Leader on orientation of new hires.
• Other Duties as assigned
• Reflects ANA Scope and Standards of Nursing Practice (2015), ANA Code of Ethics (2015), and ANA Social Policy Statement (2015).
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
• Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Connecticut Department of Public Health obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
One or more of the following:
• Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
• Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Red Cross obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
Education: BSN Required, MSN preferred. If only BSN must be actively matriculating in an MSN program. and Previous experience in staff education with recent clinical practice. Three years experience in appropriate specialty
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.