Description Job Schedule:
Part Time Standard Hours:
24 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Every other weekend, every other holiday.
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Charlotte Hungerford Hospital is a 122-bed, general acute care community hospital located in Torrington, Connecticut, that serves as a regional health care resource for the 100,000 residents of Litchfield County and Northwest Connecticut. CHH offers personalized attention from an expert team of caregivers and physicians that utilize advanced technology and clinical partnerships in a convenient, safe and comfortable patient environment.
The Multi-skilled Patient Care Tech (MST)/Secretary, under direct RN supervision is responsible for performing specified tasks related to the care and well-being of patients. The Multi-skilled Patient Care Tech (MST)/Secretary is responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction (patient, family, physician, others), maintaining patient confidentiality and being sensitive to the age specific patient needs for comfort, privacy and generalized care.
- Performs a number of routine functions related to care and well-being of patients, such as: ambulating patients; assisting patients with daily living activities such as feeding, dressing, cleaning and grooming; emptying drainage bags and reporting pertinent information; answering call bells and reporting relevant information to nursing staff; transporting patients; and performing specimen collections.
- Interfaces with patients, family, other involved parties, and employees of the hospital. Displays effective customer service and public relations and protects confidential information. Uses good organizational skills and work prioritization for efficient service.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate reporting and appropriate documentation of relevant patient information. This includes immediate notification of unexpected patient changes to appropriate nursing staff for interpretation.
- Monitors, cleans and restocks equipment and supplies as needed.
- Assists in organization of the Pre-admission Test process and directs or assists patients through various phases or locations of the test process.
- Obtains vital patient information related to their on-going care and treatment plan, including: performing finger-stick blood glucose monitoring; preparation of patients for cardiac monitoring; performing and obtaining ECG’s; and drawing blood by venipuncture
- Complies with hospital policies and procedures related to safety, infection control, attendance, sexual harassment, dress code, corporate compliance, confidentiality and others.
- State of CT Nursing Assistant license required.
- Valid CPR certification or ability to complete upon hire.
- At least one year's experience as CNA or with patient care in an acute care facility with experience in phlebotomy and performing EKG tests.
- Good computer skills, and some prior experience with working clerical/pre-admissions/discharge functions in a health care setting.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.