Description Job Schedule:
Part Time Standard Hours:
24 Job Shift:
Shift 2 Shift Details:
Every other weekend, every other holiday.
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Charlotte Hungerford Hospital is a 122-bed, general acute care community hospital located in Torrington, Connecticut, that serves as a regional health care resource for the 100,000 residents of Litchfield County and Northwest Connecticut. CHH offers personalized attention from an expert team of caregivers and physicians that utilize advanced technology and clinical partnerships in a convenient, safe and comfortable patient environment.
Under the supervision of a Registered Nurse, the Patient Care Associate performs delegated functions as a member of a patient care team to provide a variety of services. These activities contribute to meeting the health care, safety and comfort needs of patients, and are performed in accordance with all existing regulatory and hospital standards, policies and procedures.
Responsible for performing a number of routine functions related to the care and well-being of the patients, including but not limited to:
- Obtaining and documenting patient information
- Assisting patients with daily living activities such as feeding, dressing, cleaning and grooming lifting, moving and transporting patients
- Ambulating patients as required
- Responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction (patient, family, physician, others), maintaining patient confidentiality and being sensitive to the age specific patient needs for comfort, privacy and generalized care.
- Answering call bells and reporting relevant information to nursing staff
- Performs specimen collections, including urine, stool, and sputum; Management of drainage bags and associated documentation
- Monitors, cleans and restocks equipment and supplies as needed.
- Assists in the organization of the Pre-admission Test process and directs or assists patients through various phases or locations of the test process.
- Provides a variety of tests and/or services in order to obtain vital patient information related to their on-going care and treatment plan. These activities may include but are not limited to: performing finger-stick blood glucose monitoring; preparation of patients for cardiac monitoring; performing and obtaining ECG’s; and drawing blood by venipuncture, observing strict principles of asepsis and antisepsis to prevent infection and contamination of specimens. The incumbents are also required to take patients vital signs including but not limited to temperature, blood pressure, weight, respiration rate, and oxygen saturation.
- Performs routine clerical functions for assigned Business Unit related to pre-admissions, admissions, discharges, transfers and death. Additionally, as assigned, performs other clerical and receptionist functions such as answering telephones, routing callers to appropriate locations, taking messages and providing routine information to callers within defined limits.
- Prepare and maintain patient charts and confirm procedures with both patients and physician offices.
- Perform other related duties as required
- CPR validation within 3 months of hire
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and speak English, and perform basic Mathematics
- Ability to perform physical effort as specified by position physical requirements and occupational exposure form.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Completion or pursuit of education in a related health field (I.E. medical assistant program, EMT certification, nursing, etc.) preferred
- Previous patient care experience, preferably in a hospital or acute-care setting preferred
- Certification as a nursing assistant (CNA) or Patient Care Technician (PCT) preferred
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.