Hartford HealthCare Medical Group Specialists
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Get MORE from your career with Hartford HealthCare
Hartford HealthCare has a new opportunity available for a Physician Assistant / Family Nurse Practitioner to provide services at the J. Daly Center for Emergency and Trauma Care, a full service Level II 64 bed Trauma Center with 60,000+ visits, at St. Vincent’s Medical Center, a 473-bed, community teaching hospital, located in Bridgeport, CT.
Some highlights of this opportunity include:
· Level II Trauma Center ED that sees / treats Level I patients
· Main ED shifts seeing all levels of acuity
· Collaborating physicians who value APP’s and encourage professional development to grow skill sets
· 36 hrs/week (a mix of 12’s and 9’s), with rotating shared coverage of all shifts
· A well tenured and cohesive APP team that fosters and encourages skill development
· Professional, team oriented, and democratic culture with very low turnover
· 24 hr intensivists, OBGYN, trauma/general surgery, orthopaedics, and hospitalists who admit from the ED
· Competitive compensation, matching 401k, tiered medical, and CME reimbursement
· We support your development and wellbeing through the respected Hartford HealthCare’s Office of Advanced Practice - an internal organization committed to the growth and development of our Advanced Practitioners, and the groundbreaking Office of Provider Wellness
There are no limits to what you can achieve when you join the Emergency Medicine Team at Hartford HealthCare. The extensive capabilities of the most integrated healthcare system in CT offers Physician and Nurse Practitioners MORE OPPORTUNITY as you practice with nationally respected colleagues in a progressive, physician-led environment. Our broad network includes seven acute care hospitals including one of the largest academic and surgical hospitals in the northeast, thriving community teaching hospitals, and one of the largest multi-specialty medical groups in New England with more than 1,000 providers.
This means MORE OPTIONS to propel your career to new heights and all within a deeply embedded culture of inclusion, innovation, and focus on the highest quality of care. We are teachers, researchers, innovators, leaders and, most of all, caregivers.
Eligibility to be licensed as a Physician Assistant (PA) or Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) in Connecticut is required. Eligibility to be certified as a PA or Family Nurse Practitioner is required. Experience practicing as an Advanced Practitioner within an ED or urgent care is highly preferred. An ED elective rotation for new grads is highly preferred.
Located between Boston and New York City, Connecticut offers you and your family access to a lifestyle that is second to none. Enjoy the finest schools in the nation, four beautiful seasons of recreational activities, and options to live at the shore, in leafy suburbs, or in vibrant urban areas. To put MORE GROWTH IN YOUR CAREER apply today!