Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Work where every moment
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Charlotte Hungerford Hospital is a 122-bed, general acute care community hospital located in Torrington, Connecticut, that serves as a regional health care resource for the 100,000 residents of Litchfield County and Northwest Connecticut. CHH offers personalized attention from an expert team of caregivers and physicians that utilize advanced technology and clinical partnerships in a convenient, safe and comfortable patient environment.Position Summary:
Under Provider direction, the RN provides skilled nursing care to patients in a variety of clinical settings. Scope of responsibility is characterized by use of nursing process to assess, plan, intervene and evaluate human responses to actual or potential health problems utilizing appropriate practices, standards, protocols and guidelines. RN will be working in the Remote Device Clinic and an Anti-Coagulation Clinic.Position Responsibilities:
- Performs venipuncture’s, and takes vital signs.
- Makes medication dose adjustments.
- Provides Coumadin education to patients if needed.
- Will handle all of PT/INR result/meds adjusting for practice under supervision of Provider.
- Manages remote alerts and tracing that come into practice.
- Will assess alerts and report them to the provider if needed.
- Schedule and bill out remote reads.
- Triage telephones calls and display ability to initiate appropriate nursing intervention in prompt, precise, and professional manner.
- Provides information and education to patients and their families based on identified needs.
- Under direction of provider, calls in prescription medications to pharmacies.
- Perform other related duties as required
Reports to: Office Manager
- Current state of Connecticut RN license and Current CPR certification.
- BSN with 1 year of experience as an RN.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability Requirements:
- Telemetry experience required
- Pacemaker/Cardiac device knowledge
- EMR experience required
- Independent working skills
- Organizational/time management skills
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.