Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Weekdays, Rotate in Storrs, Windham, Vernon, Windsor and South Windsor - No call
Nurse Practitioner Benefits:
- Market-leading compensation and benefits and generous paid time off
- Paid CME time off plus CME budget, reimbursed professional licenses and dues
- Enhanced Tuition Assistance and Higher Education Partnerships
- Voluntary benefits include student loan programs, home, auto, renters insurance, identity theft protection, legal services, low-interest loans, pet insurance and more!
- Employee discount programs and colleague assistance offering resources and information for personal and work-life issues
- Family care benefits through Care.com including emergency back-up care benefit for children, adults and even pets!
Hartford HealthCare is seeking a full-time Nurse Practitioner for a unique opportunity with our Primary Care team. This position would be ideal for a new graduate Nurse Practitioner however experienced Nurse Practitioners are also welcome to apply.
The selected provider will provide Annual Well Visits (AWVs) and same-day acute visits to our patients in rotation at our Primary Care practices located in the towns of Storrs, Windham, Vernon, Windsor and South Windsor.
Role: Open to Nurse Practitioners (FNP, ANP, AGNP)
Locations: Rotation between Storrs, Windham, Vernon, Windsor and South Windsor
Setting: 100% Outpatient Primary Care – Adult Medicine
Schedule: Full-time, weekdays only
Call schedule: No Call required
Hartford HealthCare supports Nurse Practitioners in practice:
- Dedicated support and voice for our for Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants through the Office of Advanced Practice directed by Sarah Clark, MBA, MHS, PA-C, BSN, RN, System Director of Advanced Practice
- Hartford HealthCare is one of the largest, non-profit, fully-integrated healthcare systems providing patient care in the state, allowing our providers to care for their patients no matter where they reside in Connecticut
- With tools like EPIC, Hartford HealthCare’s state of the art clinical and informatics technology promotes improved patient outcomes, streamlined continuity of care and superior provider satisfaction
About Hartford HealthCare:
- Honored as a “Best Organizations for Leadership Development” by the National Center for Healthcare Leadership (NCHL)
- Prestigiously named one of the “Best Hospitals to Work for in Connecticut” by the Becker's Hospital Review
- Committed to continuous development through The Center for Education Stimulation & Innovation (CESI), our Provider Leadership Development Institute and a robust on demand learning platform including CME, special courses, learning series and tools and resources
- Established Mentorship and Orientation programs specially designed for newly hired providers and providers new to practice
Nurse Practitioners Role Scope:
Under established guidelines and in collaboration and/or supervision with the practice physician(s), Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants perform routine physical examinations, and formulate medical, educational, and psychosocial plans to treat patients.
In consultation with the physician(s) and care team members, Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants develop plans for further evaluation of health needs, e.g., referral to other health team members or specialists.
Nurse Practitioners or Physician Assistants provide appropriate treatment for problems within the scope of the provider’s practice as designated by protocols and identifies problems outside of their scope of practice and refers appropriately to physician.
- Licensure: Unrestricted State of Connecticut Medical License (or eligible)
- Training: APRN (Family, Adult, Adult/Geri Nurse Practitioner)
- Experience: New graduates are welcome to apply