Hartford HealthCare at Home
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Part Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network as a Visiting Registered Nurse.
Hartford HealthCare at Home, the largest provider of homecare services in Connecticut, has been fulfilling our mission for more than 115 years. Our Person-Centered Care Model allows our employees to learn and grow within our organization, all while providing integrated support to the patient. As part of Hartford HealthCare, we leverage cutting edge technology to provide quality care in our client’s home. Most importantly, our employees are appreciated for the real differences they make in both the lives of their clients and their clients’ families.
Basic Purpose of the Position:
- Provides personal care and housekeeping assistance to hospice clients in their homes; follows the established plan of care under the direction of the client care coordinator.
- In general, most of the time will be spent in the following activities:
- Provides personal hygiene and grooming care to hospice clients
- Provides meals for hospice clients' nutritional needs
- Reports changes in hospice clients' condition to client care coordinator or supervisor
- Performs routine housekeeping and home management duties
- Records each hospice client's care on care plan and submits care plan in a timely manner
- Assists in providing the unique emotional support needed for the hospice client and family
- Responds sensitively to the multiple, complex needs of a terminal client which includes providing end of life care.
- Assists with routine therapy exercises
- Reminds hospice client of medication regime, opens medicine containers for clients as needed
- Participates in case conferences as requested
In addition, the position involves other duties such as:
Attends required in-service sessions
Attendance at MSW facilitated hospice support group
Will actively participate in the performance improvement process known as H3W.
Performs other duties as assigned
We take great care of careers
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent, preferred
Licensure/Certification: Home Care Aide or CNA Certificate approved by the Connecticut Department of Public Health and Addiction Services
Experience: Six months experience as Home Care Aide/CNA in a home care agency, preferred