Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Monday through Friday, 7:00am to 3:30pm, alternating weekends and holidays. full time, 40 hrs a week
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The Hospital of Central Connecticut is an acute-care community teaching hospital, we provide comprehensive inpatient and outpatient services in general medicine and surgery, as well as a wide variety of specialties. Staffed by our talented team of leading professionals, The Hospital of Central Connecticut provides a wide array of services throughout the region, caring for patients from birth through the end of life.
Under direct supervision of the Housekeeping/Environmental Services manager, performs work of ordinary difficulty and assumes responsibilities in the area of Housekeeping/Environmental Services. General cleaning and routine related activities in assigned areas according to the department standards, policies and procedures. Maintains a clean and sanitary environment for patients, visitors and hospital personnel.
- Cleans and sanitizes environment by completing daily, cycle, periodic, and project cleaning using appropriate equipment, chemicals and supplies, to provide a clean and safe environment.
- Collects, transports and disposes of municipal, recycled and regulated medical waste. As required, segregates and packages waste to comply with all local, state and federal regulations regarding waste management.
- Transports, moves and delivers furniture, equipment and other hospital related items as needed, using carts, hand trucks and dollies, in a safe manner.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English. Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Must have the ability to operate standard cleaning equipment such as (carts, burnishers, buffers, auto-machines, vacuum cleaners, wet vacuums and other related equipment) as trained.
- Ability to remain calm in a fast –paced environment and handle multiple tasks with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work well with all levels of patients, the public, and other health care workers.
- Exhibits initiative, flexibility and teamwork.
- Works collaboratively with co-workers, nursing and others to enhance the Patient Experience.
- Ability to read and understand oral and written instructions, and effectively communicate information. Basic computer skills (including opening/reading email, basic internet use).
- Ability to follow and adhere to all hospital and department policies, procedures and training requirements.
- Promotes the mission, vision and values of Hartford HealthCare
- Ability to follow all Hospital Safety and Infection Prevention policies and procedures in performing duties, to include but not limited to emergency situations, internal or external disasters.
- High School Diploma, GED, or Equivalent Work Experience
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.