MidState Medical Center
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Serving our community since 1998, MidState Medical Center is a vibrant and progressive organization with a genuine concern for our patients, community, and employee’s alike. We’ve earned top honors for quality stroke care, gold level recognition for organ donation, and employing leaders in the field of cardiovascular and pulmonary rehabilitation, providing the highest quality level of care.
Hartford HealthCare is seeking a fulltime Occupational Therapist to join the Connecticut Orthopedic Institute at Midstate Medical Center. Cross coverage in acute care services available. Flexible schedule with altered work week schedule and rotations available, such as 3, 12-hour and 4, 10-hour shifts. Evening rotations required. This is an opportunity to join a dynamic rehab team, servicing both the orthopedic and acute care services.
The Occupational Therapist (OT) independently evaluates, determines the treatment strategies, and delivers and/or delegates services that identify, restore and remediate, in order to maximize function in the areas of activities of daily living, leisure/recreation, and productivity/work. The OT addresses dysfunction in psychosocial skills, cognition, and sensorimotor components.
As one of the largest rehabilitation providers in the state, Hartford HealthCare Rehabilitation Network offers a team-oriented structure, an excellent benefits package along with Special Interest Groups that assist with evidence based clinical knowledge, growth opportunities and support within the organization.
• Flexible scheduling & competitive pay
• 401K with company match
• Clinical specialty and senior clinician opportunities
We believe in high standards. These standards allow us to bring out the very best in our clients and our staff.
• Graduate of an accredited Occupational Therapy program. Bachelor Degree required, Master's Degree preferred and Previous related experience. Will consider new graduate.
• Licensed Occupational Therapist specializing in Occupational Therapy (OTR) credentialed from the Connecticut Department of Public Health obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
Critical Success Factors:
• Experience in an inpatient acute care setting preferred.
• Strong focus on patient satisfaction.
• Ability to exercise independent judgment in analyzing facts and circumstances to determine plan of action to follow within the limits of accepted occupational therapy practice.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.