Description Job Schedule:
Part Time Standard Hours:
32 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
4 7a-330p shifts every other weekend and rotating holidays.
Weekends are Friday, Saturday and Sunday
and the following weekend would be off Friday Saturday and Sunday
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Charlotte Hungerford Hospital is a 122-bed, general acute care community hospital located in Torrington, Connecticut, that serves as a regional health care resource for the 100,000 residents of Litchfield County and Northwest Connecticut. CHH offers personalized attention from an expert team of caregivers and physicians that utilize advanced technology and clinical partnerships in a convenient, safe and comfortable patient environment.
Under direct supervision of a registered nurse, performs select tasks that are supportive and complementary to emergency nursing practice. May perform clerical and receptionist duties to include registration of the Emergency Services patient
- Assists in the administration of emergency patient care by performing specifically delegated care and procedures under the direction of a Registered Nurse.
- Performs specific procedures according to the patient plan of care under the supervision of the Registered Nurse. Obtains and documents patient vital signs, including temperature, blood pressure, weight, respiration and pulse, and records on patients chart.
- Provides personal care assistance to patients, including dressing, feeding and elimination.
- Assists in patient transportation.
- Performs and documents constant observation. Charts only those treatments and procedures which have been done and factual observations which have been made
- Performs Post-Mortem care.
- Performs specimen collection, including urine, stool and sputum.
- Assists the Emergency registrar in the registration of Emergency Services patients into Meditech. Enters orders and charges into Meditech.
- Draws blood from patients 13 years old and up by venipuncture, observing strict principles of asepsis and antisepsis to prevent infection of patient and contamination of specimens.
- Performs and obtains ECG’s.
- Performs Clerical and receptionist duties as directed. Answers telephones, routes callers, takes messages and provides routine information to callers.
- Maintains a safe, comfortable and therapeutic environment for patients/families in accordance with hospital standards. Participates in the communication process by interacting effectively with patient, coworkers, visitors, and medical staff. Maintains confidentiality of patient and unit care data.
- Maintains equipment, inventories, and supplies including those used by ambulance personnel.
- Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality improvement program, safety, environmental and infection control standards. Participates in educational programs and in service meetings.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
- Current CNA, EMT or Medical Assistant certification or minimum of one semester in Nursing School required
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant experience as a CNA, EMT, Medical Assistant or minimum of one semester in Nursing School required
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance.
Every moment matters, and this is your moment.