New Britain General
New Britain, CT
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network. Serving our community since 1998, MidState Medical Center is a vibrant and progressive organization with a genuine concern for our patients, community, and employee’s alike. We’ve earned top honors for quality stroke care, gold level recognition for organ donation, and employing leaders in the field of cardiovascular and pulmonary rehabilitation, providing the highest quality level of care.
The Ambassador is an essential member of the hospital staff and will be focused on customer service from the moment patients and visitors walk through the hospital doors. Additionally, the Ambassador will provide facility information, handle COVID screening, and badging of visitors. They will serve as a point person for various departments and offices within the hospital assisting with coordinating the workflow for patients and guests while also assuring their operational needs are met.
• High school diploma or equivalent - Associate’s Degree preferred
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Excellent communication skills, bilingual preferred
• Ability to problem solve in real time
• Physical ability to push visitor or patient around facility in wheelchair
• Ability to stand for long periods
• A minimum of three (3) or more years in a customer service related position required, healthcare preferred
• Experience with Microsoft Office, EPIC strongly preferred
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge - helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance.
Every moment matters. And this is your moment.