St. Vincent's Medical Center
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent’s is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system’s second-largest hospital.
• Assists with the cleaning and stocking of Surgical Services areas.
• Facilitates and assists with the admission and discharge process of patients, including
transporting patient belongings, arranging patient transportation, and completing all
• Cleans patient rooms and other assigned areas daily, which may include, but
is not limited to, collecting and removing trash, changing bed linens, stocking
needed supplies and sanitizing all surfaces.
• Performs daily inventory to ensure clean linen and supplies are accurately
stocked for distribution.
• Maintains carts and equipment in clean, working condition and stores in
appropriate area when finished.
• Provides and follows safe guidelines for transportation and assists nursing
personnel by performing a variety of assignments that facilitate the
coordination of patient care.
• Contributes to efficient departmental operations in order to control cost and
• Other Duties as assigned
• Follows safe guidelines and limitations for receiving, transporting, and stocking
of intravenous (IV) fluids as related to specified essential job duties. Ensures
that intravenous (IV) fluids are kept safe and secure, have not been tampered
with and are not expired. Intravenous(IV) fluids are defined as solutions
containing 5 % dextrose, 0.9 % sodium chloride or combinations of these two
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
• Required Credential(s):
• One or more of the following:
• Certified Heart Saver AED credentialed from the American Red Cross
obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
• Certified Heart Saver AED credentialed from the American Heart Association
(AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
• Transport or Hospital Experience.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.