St. Vincent's Medical Center
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent’s is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system’s second-largest hospital.
• Assists with management of patient care activities and assigned staff.
• Provides direction and support to unit staff. Supervises admissions, conducts assessment of patient's needs, and initiates nursing care plans. Evaluates and documents patient progress.
• Facilitates planning, implementation, development, and evaluation of nursing programs, initiatives and objectives for the unit.
• Assists with development and implementation of policies and procedures.
• Serves as a liaison between the manager, staff and other areas within the organization. Identifies and resolves issues affecting delivery of patient care services in a unit.
• Provides hands on nursing support and provides coaching, mentoring and education for department nursing team.
• Catalyst for improving the quality and safety of patients and work at the point of care delivery to transfer knowledge and patient outcome management to the nursing care team.
• Facilitates planning, implementation, development and evaluation of nursing initiatives and objectives for the unit and organization
• Demonstrates fiscal responsibility and is a steward of organizational resources
• In a leadership role, serves as a liaison between the manager, staff and other areas within the organization. Identifies and resolves issues affecting delivery of care services
• Works with team members, other leaders to develop and trend performance improvement indicators based on national standards and evidence based practices
• Other Duties as assigned
• Reflects ANA Scope and Standards of Nursing Practice (2015), ANA Code of Ethics (2015), and ANA Social Policy Statement (2015).
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
• Required Credential(s):
• Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Connecticut Department of Public Health obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
• One or more of the following:
• Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
• Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Red Cross obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
• BSN Required
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.