St. Vincent's Medical Center
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Part Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent’s is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system’s second-largest hospital.
Performs diagnostic procedures on patients using ultrasound waves to examine tissue and body structure, providing quality images to radiologists and physicians for interpretation.
• Sets up and adjusts all equipment and manually maneuvers transducers to perform exams.
• Implements safety standards and performs appropriate quality control procedures.
• Performs routine and complex studies and assists physician in a variety of imaging procedures.
• Recognizes significant structures, artifacts, pathology and equipment limitations.
• Performance of sterile processing of equipment.
• Follows protocols and or physician specific orders. Reviews prior images/reports/patient history as needed.
• Participate in various teaching and mentoring of ultrasound students.
• Able to perform on all age groups from infant to adult/geriatric.
• Organizes processed images, measurements, calculations and other data in a logical sequence for presentation to the physician for interpretation. Consults with the physician as applicable regarding the quality of images and data obtained.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.