Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The Business Data Analyst provides analytical planning, coordination, and implementation support to performance improvement activities and projects across the Institute of Living nursing administration. Assists department leadership with tracking and monitoring implementation of organizational change effectiveness, providing insights using analytical tools for data collections and analysis as well as designing analytical approaches.
- Assists department with designing and evaluating data and reports. Provides data collection, analytical support to team and monitors assigned projects. Has a strong understanding of the Institute of Living nursing administration strategic business objectives and business unit operations.
- Defines core processes and maps current states for redesign projects; assists with solution design.
- Collects and analyzes performance and outcome data. Summarizes, creates, and distributes reports as needed. Ensures deliverables are completed on time; responds to changing project circumstances and communicates issues to project leadership. Analyzes quality trends for specific BHN quality and hospital priority initiatives.
- Supports Clinical Operations by generating daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports; creates FLASH reports to monitor and evaluate performance.
- Creates interactive dashboards to analyze Key Performance Indicators trends and presents data visually via applicable computer applications.
- Performs cost-impact analysis on length of stay metrics and Kaizens as needed and access to care for large projects on a monthly basis by generating attributed values using complex Excel formulas.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information or Health related field.
- M.A. in related field including Health Administration; Concentration in Health Informatics is preferred.
- A year or more experience in health related/hospital setting and experience in informatics.
- 3+ years in Healthcare related setting or informatics field is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Proficient in the hospitals computer systems: EPIC, Kronos, SharePoint, EPSI, Business Intelligence
As a Hartford HealthCare entity, the Institute of Living provides eligible employees with an extensive benefits package consisting of:
- Medical and dental benefits
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Generous paid time off with accrual starting on the date of hire, including six paid holidays
- Additional voluntary benefits as well as employee discount programs
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.