St. Vincent's Special Needs Center
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Part Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
For over 60 years, St. Vincent’s Special Needs Services (SVSNS) has been a trusted provider of specialized services for children and adults with multiple developmental disabilities and complex medical needs, such as cerebral palsy, acute brain injury, neuromuscular disorders and autism spectrum disorders. Each year, more than 400 children, adults and their families receive services from the organization.
Job Summary: Provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
• Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
• Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
• Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
• Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
• Coordinates the activities of the residence in the absence of the Nurse Manager.
• Serves as resource staff.
• Ensures the appropriate transfer of information and responsibilities to the next shift.
• Ensures the residence's medications, supplies and equipment needs are met for the present and following shift.
• Other Duties as assigned
• Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Connecticut Department of Public Health obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
One or more of the following:
• Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
• Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Red Cross obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
Education: Associate Degree required, Bachelor degree preferred.
• 1 year acute care nursing required.
• Pediatric experience or experience working with children with special needs preferred.
• Leadership and supervisory experience preferred.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.