Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Part Time
Sign-on bonus eligible for nurses with more than 1 year acute RN experience!
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Join us at Backus Hospital as we live our values every day. As part of Hartford HealthCare we create a better future for healthcare in Connecticut and beyond. By embodying these values we have become nationally respected for patient care and most trusted for personalized coordinated care. Come be part of something special!
For more than 118 years, Backus Hospital has been the primary source of healthcare services for much of Eastern Connecticut. We are home to the only trauma center in New London and Windham counties, and are the only area hospital with LIFE STAR helicopter services. We deliver and coordinate a continuum of high-quality healthcare with the goal of improving the health of our communities.
Demonstrates clinical competence through utilization of the nursing process and development of a synergistic nurse-patient relationship. Assesses and identifies patient problems/needs, establishes a plan of care, implements and evaluates care provided to patients.
• Graduate of a school of Nursing. BSN preferred
• One (1) year RN experience and/or successful completion of the Backus Hospital Nurse Residency Program. Two (2) or more years of acute care experience in this clinical area preferred.
• Current unrestricted license in good standing to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Connecticut.
• Current Basic Life Support (BLS) upon hire.
• Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certification or obtained within 90 days of hire
• Pediatric Life Support (PALS) Certification or obtained within 90 days of hire
• Ability to obtain and maintain department specific certifications. Certified Registered Nurse of Infusion and/or Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN) preferred.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.