Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Manager of 3 Facility Techs for Rushford Services
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The creation of the HHC System Support Office recognizes the work of a large and growing group of employees whose responsibilities are continually evolving so that we and our departments now work on behalf of the system as a whole, rather than a single member organization.
With the creation of our new umbrella organization we now have our own identity with a unique payroll, benefits, performance management system, service recognition programs and other common practices across the system.
Responsible for overseeing the operations of Behavioral Health Facilities to ensure maintenance, and vendor management standards are met in a cost-effective, safe, and efficient manner. Working collaboratively with the System Facilities Engineering Department, designs, establishes, organizes, and directs the goals, objectives, and standards of performance for the location, department staff (if applicable): develops, implements, and interprets local facilities operating policies and procedures; and maintains and interprets standards, regulations, and codes.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Works collaboratively with the System Service Facilities Office to implement strategy, standard processes, and share resources.
- Directs the implementation and evaluation of maintenance management programs (CMMS) for buildings, equipment, utilities and grounds.
- Promotes the accuracy and utility of the facility condition assessment process, and is responsible for establishing priorities for facility infrastructure needs.
- Collaborates with System peers and local leadership to finalize capital plans for facility infrastructure.
- Facilitates continuous performance improvement by encouraging innovation, supporting reasonable risk-taking, being open to new ideas and keeping up to date in the function
- Conducts trend analyses and prepares reports for utilization, costs efficiencies and regulatory compliance.
- Negotiates, establishes, implements and maintains vendor contracts for equipment utilization and repair; contracts with external agencies for independent contractors.
- Translates System functional strategy into departmental strategy, operational plans, and owns department performance. Seeks cross-functional alignment that supports, leads, monitors and directs the operational performance services to ensure high quality patient care services, in accordance with external regulatory requirements and policies
- Establishes annual goals and objectives, which support the business objectives, in conjunction with local leadership. Collaborates with department heads for facility needs and issue resolution.
- Monitors organizational performance against budget and takes appropriate action to meet financial targets.
- Delivers a high-level customer experience and timely notification of service interruptions. Provides a service orientation that permeates through span of control.
- Ensures a constant state of regulatory readiness. Leads the Joint Commission/CMS/DPH/Local Authority survey experience at the facility level. Fully knowledgeable of activities necessary to produce a state of perpetual readiness and compliance.
- Where appropriate, responsible for short- and long-term department strategy for talent management, including acquiring, engaging, developing, retaining and managing performance of staff.
- Coaches and mentors staff, utilizing H3W leadership behaviors
- Perform other related duties as required
This Job Reports To: Sr. Director Asset and Facility Management
Job Title of HHC Positions Reporting to This Job: Various- most technical trades
Number- Direct Reports: 3 to 5
If applicable, describe nature of supervision of any External vendors, contractors, affiliate organizations, etc.
The typical annual budget managed is $1.0M with a similar amount in capital. The position is responsible for oversight of all contractors providing facilities services including occasional construction. The typical square footage of these locations is 200K and will be comprised of a multiple small ( < 5K) to medium sized (> 10K) locations
Responsibility Level: Manager
Budget Threshold: $1.0 Million
Requirements and Specifications:
- High School diploma or successful G.E.D. examination completion. Commensurate experience will be considered.
- 1 to 3 years of experience in a facilities management role.
- 1 to 3 years of experience in a similar healthcare environment is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability Requirements
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance with Joint Commission, DPH, CMS, fire, utilities and hazardous materials safety standards
- Demonstrated knowledge of healthcare facilities operations.
- Knowledge of the following systems; HVAC and refrigeration, steam and hot water generation, medical gas and vacuum s (if applicable), emergency power, fire protection, water and sanitation, safety and security, and building envelope.
- Negotiation skills to obtain service agreements at competitive market rates and strong fiscal management to ensure the most effective use of system resources is also required
- Ability to organize and perform analytic assessments to produce relevant statistical data as it applies to planning and budgetary consideration
- Strong teamwork, interpersonal relations, communication, and active-listening skills
- Creative and innovative problem-solving capabilities
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.