Hartford HealthCare Medical Group Specialists
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford HealthCare Medical Group is one of the largest medical practices in New England with multiple locations throughout Connecticut and Rhode Island. We consist of a team of professionals ranging from Medical Assistants to Physician Assistants and everything in between. Our physician led medical group enjoys an excellent reputation with patients and the medical community, offering primary care, urgent care and more than 30 different specialties.
The Office Coordinator is responsible for managing the daily operations of the practice and performing a variety of administrative functions related to the daily operations of the practice.
• Supervises the administrative and clinical staff and practice operations including scheduling, work flow, service delivery and employee performance.
• Serves as primary resource to office staff on administrative matters including, but not limited to: patient flow, office operations, customer service, health insurance, billing/coding requirements, and EMR functionality and utilization.
• The Office Coordinator assists the clinical and medical staff in organizing and triaging care by accurately relaying pertinent patient information, adjusting the patient schedule as needed, scheduling and coordinating urgent care with other resources within practices and releasing health information in accordance with HIPPA requirements.
• Insure that all staff members communicate and interact with patients in a courteous, respectful, and businesslike manner. Holds staff accountable for customer service standards; intercedes and takes appropriate action when incidents occur.
• Insure that all staff members comply with HIPAA requirements.
• Maintain and adjust staff schedules to compliment practice provider schedules.
• Responsible for processing all new patients into the practice, maintaining contact and acting as the patient’s primary resource and contact as they are brought into the practice.
• Assists the Office and/or Practice Manager in developing and maintaining departmental budgets.
• Communicates with staff regarding new policies and procedures, changes in billing and insurance policies, and any other issues related to the operation of the practice.
• Processes time worked/attendance into Kronos for office staff. Manages and coordinates vacation and personal time off to insure minimum disruption of practice operations.
• Responsible for ensuring adherence to organizational policies, procedures and regulatory standards.
• Interviews candidates and makes hiring decisions in conjunction with the Office and/or Practice Manager.
• Acts as a liaison to regarding daily operations and staff communication.
• High school diploma
• Associate/Bachelor’s Degree and/or appropriate certification preferred.
• Previous management/supervisory or leadership experience preferred
• Strong communications skills and experience in a leading role required
• Ability to improve quality and productivity by identifying improvement opportunities
• Knowledge and behaviors required to meet age specific patient needs (e.g. Pediatrics, Adolescents, and Geriatrics) preferred
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.