Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
36 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Work where every moment
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Serving our community since 1998, MidState Medical Center is a vibrant and progressive organization with a genuine concern for our patients, community, and employee’s alike. We’ve earned top honors for quality stroke care, gold level recognition for organ donation, and employing leaders in the field of cardiovascular and pulmonary rehabilitation, providing the highest quality level of care.
The OR Nurse functions as Circulator/Scrub Nurse in the Operating Room. Organizes and administers individualized, professional patient care to patients within the Operating Room. Provides nursing care in accordance with the objectives, policies, procedures and protocols of the hospital and AORN, ASPAN and SGNA standards. Participates in patient teaching; incorporates the needs and behavior of the patient’s specific age/cultural groups in planning and providing care. Participates in quality improvement activities.
• EPIC knowledge preferred
• 2-3 Years of Orthopedic OR experience preferred
• Strong knowledge of Total Joint Replacement Surgery and Spine Surgery
• CNOR preferred or to be obtained within 1 year of employment
• Moderate to heavy work: Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
• Your scope of duties will include O.R. clinical competence, incorporating physical and emotional assessments, age specific competency, critical thinking skills, and educating patients and their family members regarding their plan of care and clinical pathway.
• Strong patient centered approach with emphasis on providing exemplary and world-class customer service
• Meticulous attention to detail – Your eye for detail should be matched by excellent communication skills and the ability to think on your feet.
• Self-motivated and proactive; a team player who knows how to think critically in a fast-paced, challenging environment
• Active participant in seeking solutions to problems
• Supports the use of evidence based guidelines and organizational policies and procedures to promote safe patient care and a safe practice environment.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.