New Britain General
New Britain, CT
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The Hospital of Central Connecticut is an acute-care community teaching hospital, we provide comprehensive inpatient and outpatient services in general medicine and surgery, as well as a wide variety of specialties. Staffed by our talented team of leading professionals, The Hospital of Central Connecticut provides a wide array of services throughout the region, caring for patients from birth through the end of life.
The Manager of Care Coordination will supervise Case Managers, Social Workers, Care Coordination Associates, and Clerical Support Staff.
Under the general supervision of the Director of Care Coordination, The Manager of Care Coordination is responsible for the daily operations of inpatient care coordination. Provides leadership, direction and guidance to staff in the provision of care coordination services. Assists the Director of Care Coordination in achieving departmental and organizational goals and objectives.
Active CT RN License.
• Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or healthcare related field.
• Minimum 5 years Acute Case Management experience including Utilization Review and Transition of Care Planning.
• Ability to motivate and facilitate activities of disparate and multi-disciplinary groups.
• Certified Case Manager (CCM) preferred.
• Minimum 2 years management experience in Acute Case Management.
• Proficient time management & prioritization skills.
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
• Motivated, self-starter, enthusiastic personality.
• Adept problem solving skills.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.