Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
40 hours a week first shift rotational holidays if needed
Work where every moment
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford Hospital is one of the largest and most respected teaching hospitals New England. We are a Level 1 Trauma Center that provides cutting edge treatment to its patients. This is made possible by being home to the largest robotic surgery center in the Northeast and the Center for Education, Simulation and Innovation (CESI), one of the most-advanced medical simulation training centers in the world. When hospitals cannot provide the advanced care, expertise and new treatment options their patients require, they turn to us.Job Description:
Under the supervision of a Registered Nurse, the Patient Care Associate performs delegated functions as a member of a patient care team to provide a variety of services. These activities contribute to meeting the health care, safety and comfort needs of patients, and are performed in accordance with all existing regulatory and hospital standards, policies and procedures. Reports to Unit Manager.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write and speak English, and perform basic Mathematics
- CPR validation within 3 months of hire
- Physical effort as specified by Position Physical Requirements and Occupational Exposure form
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Completion or pursuit of education in a related health field (I.E. medical assistant program, EMT certification, nursing, etc.)
- Specific experience as designated by work area may be required
- Previous patient care experience, preferably in a hospital or acute-care setting
- Demonstrated competencies in a related health field at Hartford Hospital
- Specific certification as designated by work area may be required
- Certification as a nursing assistant (CNA) or Patient Care Technician (PCT)
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.