Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Advanced Practitioner - Admitting Hospitalist
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
For more than 75 years, Windham Hospital has treated patients with the latest high-tech equipment, operated by some of the most skilled and compassionate medical professionals available. The hospital seeks to meet the total healthcare needs of people from throughout Northeastern Connecticut. Windham’s staff members are proud to live and work in this area, and are committed to providing quality healthcare to their community.
Admitting Hospitalist Role Scope
The advanced practitioner admitting hospitalist assists in the department of Hospital Medicine to provide direct medical care to patients requiring hospitalization. They chart medical history, assess health status, diagnose any potential issues, and work with physicians and other health professionals to provide high-quality care. Admitting hospitalists receive referrals for admission from the ED and perform H+Ps and write admitting orders for most of the admissions, except for CCU (critical care unit) patients. They would give a verbal sign out to the accepting Hospitalist before leaving, helping to distribute the admissions by unit based guidelines. They could also, with agreement from the accepting hospitalist, write brief “holding orders” and leave the full H+P and evaluation to the accepting hospitalist, or distribute admissions to other hospitalists if unable to fully evaluate all of the referred admissions. Additional responsibilities may include procedures such as central lines and paracentesis/thoracentesis.
Advanced Practitioners Enjoy
At Hartford HealthCare newly graduated and experienced providers are provided with the support and mentorship they need to succeed through on the job, classroom, and procedural training. Our benefits include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Matching 401k, tiered medical, dental, and vision plans
- Generous Paid-Time Off
- Reimbursement for CME, professional society membership, licensure, and malpractice
- Proven and effective onboarding with supportive ongoing mentorship
- Leadership development opportunities through Hartford HealthCare’s Professional Leadership Development Institute
Qualifications - External
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner Master’s program preferred
- Licensed, or eligible to be licensed, as a Physician Assistant / Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) in the state of Connecticut
- Certification or eligible to be certified as a Physician Assistant or Acute Care Board Certification as an Advanced Practice Registered
- Preferably two years of experience as hospitalist and/or previous extensive experience as Nurse or PA in an inpatient setting
- Preferably two years of experience as an advanced practitioner within both surgical and medical settings
- Experience practicing as an APP required
- Strong clinical acumen, the ability to adapt quickly and help develop best practices in this position, and to get along well with ED and Hospitalist providers.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.